[IPython-User] qtconsole ignoring subplot spacing widths

Thomas Wiecki thomas.wiecki@googlemail....
Fri Jan 27 07:10:18 CST 2012

Sorry, I think I didn't post this to the list:

hspace and wspace seem to work, but e.g. top produces an odd behavior.
Execute the same code with inlining in the qtconsole and one with
ipython without inlining:

plt.plot([1,2,3])
plt.suptitle('foo')
plt.subplots_adjust(top=.5)

As you might see, the subplot is scaled, but the extra top space is
not displayed (and the suptitle is lost). It seems inlining is
removing the figure and only displaying the axis.

Can anyone reproduce this?