[IPython-User] making notebook aware of environmental variables

Ben Edwards bedwards@cs.unm....
Fri Jan 27 11:26:53 CST 2012

I've had this problem in ubuntu as well. As Fernando said when you create a
shortcut it inherits nothing from your environment. The work around I've
come up with is to define the command as

sh -c "export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/path/to/local/python/scripts/;
/usr/local/bin/ipython notebook --pylab inline"

Ben