[IPython-User] View rendered reStructuredText (Sphinx) docstrings in iPython?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jan 27 17:12:56 CST 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 1:46 PM, klo uo <klonuo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was curious similarly: in Qt console "%guiref" displays nice rendered text
> with headers, code (/pre) formating, and was wondering if most common
> packages like numpy and scipy (and others) can be presented on help pager
> formatted. Like actual LaTeX formulas be rendered on help pager, instead
> literal LaTeX syntax?

In the qt console, no, b/c we don't have a tex renderer available
there.  But on the notebook, it could be made to work since we can
hook into the MathJax renderer we're already using.