[IPython-User] redirecting plot to separate notebook

Harald Schilly harald.schilly@gmail....
Fri Jan 27 18:31:48 CST 2012

2012/1/28 Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com>:
> I've seen examples of literate programming with description on the left and
> code on the right

I've seen something like this in high-school mathematics books.
Calculus on the right, plots on the left. I think the reason why code
is on the right is that it is flipped in your brain and the general
idea is that the left hemisphere is more "logical". I don't think that
this is of any significance, but worth considering. (and the more
art-oriented right hemisphere will be happy to have drawings on the
left). But that shouldn't be hard to switch around once the feature is
available :-)