[IPython-User] reconnecting engines?

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Tue Jan 31 12:08:39 CST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 05:59,  <darren@ontrenet.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Will ipython re-establish engine connections if the controller goes down
> and restarts? What I see is that it doesn't. But perhaps this could be
> done with some state management on the controller to re-ping the engines
> after it restarts.

No, controller restart is not supported, but it is in our ideas.  It
will come some day, but is on a back burner right now.  It shouldn't
be too complicated, as much of the information necessary to restart is
already persisted to the database.  The 'restart' entry point is the
principal thing that must be added.