[IPython-User] Notebook: console is not defined

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Tue Jan 31 23:20:54 CST 2012

The IPython notebook assumes a pretty traditional, but extremely
modern web browser and I am guessing that Prism doesn't quite meet
that standard.  We use lots of cutting edge things like WebSockets and
the flexible box model.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:13 PM, klo uo <klonuo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to run IPython notebook in Prism 1.04 (which is abandoned
> project, but works fine for various other things), and I get main
> window but can't open notebook page or reuse existing notebooks (they
> are not listed, although exist in default folder)
>
> I opened error console and get error about 'console not defined'
> pointing to "notebook.js" which I attached as screenshot

The console variable is present on all modern browsers and prints
messages to the Javascript debugging console.  I don't foresee that we
would remove all calls to console.log anytime soon.

> There are also warnings, like 'reference to undefined property' and
> 'unknown pseudoclass or pseudo element' for "jquery-1.6.2.js", but I
> guess those warning are not so important
> I tried '--no-mathjax' also, but get same error

I am guessing you are running into other issues where Prism is not a
regular web browser.

> So I'm wondering if I could dedicate IPython Notebook to Prism web app

You could surely investigate, but I don't think we want to support
Prism, especially if it is not maintained any longer.

Cheers,

Brian

> Thanks

Brian E. Granger