[IPython-User] How does --pylab works internally

Jorge Scandaliaris jorgesmbox-ml@yahoo...
Wed Jul 4 21:12:16 CDT 2012

hi,
I have a rather long script that I use to explore images interactively
that relies on matplotlib's event handling mechanism for the
interaction. I usually use the --pylab option for interactive work.
The problem is that this script runs OK in a Python interpreter, but
does strange things within IPython. The --pylab option seems to make
the behavior worst (event handling does not work as expected), but not
using it doesn't solve all issues. What's different when using the
--pylab option, what can make a script work in Python and not in
IPython?

Thanks,

Jorge