[IPython-User] How does --pylab works internally

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson@kroywen...
Thu Jul 5 11:42:16 CDT 2012

Jorge Scandaliaris skrev 2012-07-05 04:12:
> hi,
> I have a rather long script that I use to explore images interactively
> that relies on matplotlib's event handling mechanism for the
> interaction. I usually use the --pylab option for interactive work.
> The problem is that this script runs OK in a Python interpreter, but
> does strange things within IPython. The --pylab option seems to make
> the behavior worst (event handling does not work as expected), but not
> using it doesn't solve all issues. What's different when using the
> --pylab option, what can make a script work in Python and not in
> IPython?

I'm not sure what all the differences are between python and ipython
prompt, but I do know they are different depending on the matplotlib
backend. Which matplotlib backend are you using?