[IPython-User] Neat trick: Quick memory usage benchmarking in IPython

vene zephyr14@gmail....
Fri Jul 6 18:01:05 CDT 2012

Hello, author of the gist here.

I have meanwhile updated the %memit magic along with writing an %mprun clone
of the famous line_profiler magic, for inclusion with memory_profiler. I
believe the home of these magics to be in that package, not in IPython, as
much as I'd like to have some code in there :) I've also patched vbench to
use these tricks. More info on my blog [1] and github [2]

Alas, I had to drop back to the old-style syntax, but right now, when I saw
that you linked to my gist [3], I promptly edited it so it's up to date with
the memory_profiler version and more robust.

This work is part of my GSoC benchmarking project for scikit-learn.

Thank you for linking, and thanks Fernando for noticing my post.

[1] http://blog.vene.ro/
[2] https://github.com/vene/
[3] https://gist.github.com/3022718/