[IPython-User] IPython 0.13 install related

Abhishek Pratap apratap@lbl....
Sat Jul 7 03:27:35 CDT 2012

Hey Guys

I did a fresh install of IPython 0.13 using pip. I have two different issues.

1. Notebook doesnt work by default mainly due to ZMQ ..this is mainly
a feedback if anything could be done to make this process more
seamless besides using the EPD python. I will try to get the pyzmq
working and hopefully that should resolve the issue

2. Other thing is I am seeing the following error on the IPython shell..

ipython
Python 2.7.2 (default, Dec 22 2011, 13:07:21)

IPython 0.13 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object', use 'object??' for extra details.
[TerminalIPythonApp] Error in loading extension: kernmagic
Check your config files in /global/u1/a/apratap/.config/ipython/profile_default
ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
/global/homes/a/apratap/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/core/extensions.pyc
in load_extension(self, module_str)
     88         if module_str not in sys.modules:
     89             with prepended_to_syspath(self.ipython_extension_dir):
---> 90                 __import__(module_str)
     91         mod = sys.modules[module_str]
     92         return self._call_load_ipython_extension(mod)

ImportError: No module named kernmagic