[IPython-User] figure placement

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Jul 7 16:20:38 CDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Wolfgang Kerzendorf
<wkerzendorf@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I make pngs  I get this great little grabber at the edge of the figure that I can use to make it bigger and smaller (very useful!!!). However that doesn't work with svgs.'

No, after enormous effort spent on making svg resizing work and
failing to find a satisfactory solution, it was disabled:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/1832

> Can I place figures next to each other rather than below each other?

Not at this time.  You can obviously make a matplotlib figure with
subplots, but we don't have table-style display of outputs right now.