[IPython-User] import markdown into notebook

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Jul 8 15:37:36 CDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM, James Bergstra <james.bergstra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Quick question - Is there a way to maintain [large] markdown blocks in
> external files, and have them automatically mirrored / inlined in a
> notebook cell?

Not that I can think of, but it might be possible with a bit of
JavaScript.  Keep in mind that the filesystem relative to where the
notebook lives is visible to you, prefixed with /files/ from the root
of the web server path.  So if you can write a bit of JS that reads
'/files/yourfile.md' and inserts that into a  cell at render time,
that might work.  But I have no idea if it will work or not, and
unfortunately can't look in detail right now.  I just hope the
'files/' tip gives you something to work with.