[IPython-User] IPython Machine Image: Best packages and extensions for Ubuntu?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Jul 8 18:30:32 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Carl Smith <carl.input@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to ask for some help on file permissions. Below is a copy of
> what's in the home directory. Everything works, but I'm not sure I
> need things so open. (ubuntu is the user's name, this directory is
> /home/ubuntu, and the file, .notebookcloud_autofire.py, is run as
> ubuntu on boot)
>
> Should I change this a bit?

You should definitely have all files in there be owned by ubuntu, not
by root, as that will cause problems at runtime.

sudo chown -R ubuntu:ubuntu /home/ubuntu

should do it.