[IPython-User] figure placement

Wolfgang Kerzendorf wkerzendorf@gmail....
Mon Jul 9 10:16:51 CDT 2012

On 2012-07-07, at 5:20 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Wolfgang Kerzendorf
> <wkerzendorf@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When I make pngs  I get this great little grabber at the edge of the figure that I can use to make it bigger and smaller (very useful!!!). However that doesn't work with svgs.'
>>
> No, after enormous effort spent on making svg resizing work and
> failing to find a satisfactory solution, it was disabled:
>
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/1832
That sucks:( It seems there was a lot of effort put into it and in the end it didn't work out. Well maybe there will be soon an ipython matplotlib backend, then we don't need that anymore.

>> Can I place figures next to each other rather than below each other?
>
> Not at this time.  You can obviously make a matplotlib figure with
> subplots, but we don't have table-style display of outputs right now.

I think this would be a useful feature, should I add this as a feature request on github? Or where is the right place to put this?

Cheers