[IPython-User] IPython.embed_kernel() - tab completion with qtconsole

Joon Ro joonpyro@gmail....
Mon Jul 9 16:27:37 CDT 2012

Hi,

I just installed ipython 0.13 and tried IPython.embed_kernel() with

     import IPython
     IPython.embed_kernel()

in a source code.
When I run the script, the script stops at that point and shows

     [IPKernelApp] To connect another client to this kernel, use:
     [IPKernelApp] --existing kernel-11272.json

So I connected to the kernel with

     $ ipython-qtconsole --existing kernel-11272.json

So far so good, but it seems the tab completion does not work with the
qtconsole.
If I enter an object's name directly and press enter, qtconsole shows
the object, but pressing tab does not have any effect.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!!

Joon