[IPython-User] ipython notebook server experience

Carl Smith carl.input@gmail....
Wed Jul 11 15:19:27 CDT 2012

> Thanks I've seen this, though it's not exactly what I have in mind. I'd
> prefer to maintain my own server.

You can maintain your own stack, just not the hardware it runs on obviously.

> Devil's advocate here: It seems like to
> me, and maybe I'm just totally misunderstanding, but a notebook server that
> only serves well for one person is a bit of a misnomer. Why wouldn't I just
> provide different user accounts where people could SSH into the box with
> their own account and run the qt-console?

There's a few people looking at multi-user situations, but often seem
to want different things. I don't personally think there's anything at
all wrong with a single user server. It's not conventional,