[IPython-User] ipycli - command line support for notebooks

Thu Jul 12 12:51:12 CDT 2012

Le 12 juil. 2012 à 18:35, Brian Granger a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> It is not like users will have notebooks in all of the directories.
> It is more like git - only certain directories will have notebooks.
> Let's call each of those directories a "project".  In many cases, each
> of these projects would also be a git repo.  What if we created a UI
> around this idea:
>
> * Add a new project dashboard that shows all of the users IPython
> project directories.  When you click on one of them, you simply get
> the existing dashboard that shows the notebooks for that project.
> * In the project dashboard, there would be a "Add Project Directory"
> button that would allow a user to enter a valid path to a new project.
> * We could store the list of project directories in the config file
> for that profile and create a magic for managing them and also a cli
> ("ipython notebook project create")
> * Create a simple shell widget that allows users to do more complex
> things with the file system, etc.  Why create an entire file system
> browser when ls/cd/etc work just fine.
> * Kernels for a project would be started in that project dir.
> * URLs would be prefixed by the project name.
>
> What do people think of this approach?

That seem cool.

My Take on this would be that the Main dashboard show also had the
list of notebook that are currently active (i.e. with kernel started).
Same as this image of the first mail[1] but only for the 10 more recently
open and currently active notebook  should cover most of the fast use
case of the dashboard.

--
Matthias

[1] https://img.skitch.com/20120709-jeduufmwer7gseek6w3xu21xex.jpg