[IPython-User] ipycli - command line support for notebooks

Junkshops junkshops@gmail....
Fri Jul 13 14:13:01 CDT 2012

Well, the things that are nice about the dashboard are
1) File and respective kernel management, which I assume is or could be
done via the file menu,
2) Engine management, which to my knowledge does not have a gui type
interface from the notebook. So if there was some sort of dialog
accessible from the menu, say, similar to the dashboard for managing
engines, that'd eliminate the need for a separate dashboard.

So taking those things into account what you write below sounds fine.

My point in all this is to keep the notebook accessible to new users and
globally reduce the derivative of the learning curve. Basically, the
fewer commands a new user has to learn to get going the better, IMO.

-g