[IPython-User] ipycli - command line support for notebooks

Kent Inverarity kent.inverarity@adelaide.edu...
Fri Jul 13 21:05:08 CDT 2012

I'd like to add a vote in for the continued presence of the dashboard, and
for Brian's idea for incorporating multiple directories in the dashboard. I
have no need at all for a fully-fledged file manager, just a means to
switch between project dirs. And only an "Open" dialog doesn't fit that
idea of a project dir at all.

Also probably worth considering that an awful lot of users hate the command
line, even for simple things like changing directories. With a dashboard
that allows you to change dirs, the local-user use scenario doesn't require
you to use the command line at all beyond the initial launch, which can be
wrapped up into a shortcut, etc.

Cheers

Kent