[IPython-User] Hook to add alternative notebook manager

Benjie Chen benjie@ginkgobioworks....
Tue Jul 17 11:06:22 CDT 2012

Hi,

I added a simple hook to support alternative notebook managers. Patch is at

https://github.com/benjiec/django-ipy-nbmgr/blob/master/ipython.patch

(from repo: https://github.com/benjiec/ipython)

I implemented an alternative notebook manager at
https://github.com/benjiec/django-ipy-nbmgr

This notebook manager stores notebooks in database, using Django ORM.
It also saves a readonly archived copy on each save, so all past
revisions are kept. See README for instructions.

The existing notebook and notebook manager interfaces are very clean,
so it's very easy to implementing alternative notebook managers that
list, create, open notebooks. Thanks iPython!

This is all very preliminary, and we may end up adding user and
tagging support in the future. I am not sure where the UI for the
standard/default notebook manager is going, but the current clean
interface certain makes it easy for others to develop customized
notebook manager UIs.

Thanks,

Benjie