[IPython-User] Hook to add alternative notebook manager

Junkshops junkshops@gmail....
Wed Jul 18 11:22:07 CDT 2012

> I take it that mysql was installed with django? I’m
> mystified about how to set INSTALLED_APPS and start the django server. Oh,
> in windows as well as linux if possible.
This is getting a bit off topic for this list, but anyway...

MySQL was almost certainly not installed with Django - you'll need to
install a package (linux) or d/l an exe or standalone package for
windows (it's been a while since I installed MySQL on windows, but as I
recall the exe didn't work for me, so I downloaded the package and set
things up manually, which was slightly less than trivial). You'll also
need MySQLdb - again there should be a package for linux (python-mysqldb
on ubuntu IIRC). For windows, you'll want to grab Christopher Golke's
distribution rather than trying to set up the sourceforge code:
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/

-Gavin