[IPython-User] ipython notebook help

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Wed Jul 18 16:11:57 CDT 2012

Darren,

Hi!

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Darren Govoni <darren@ontrenet.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm new using ipython notebook. Couple of (hopefully not obvious)
> questions.
>
> 1) Is there a thorough tutorial on notebook? From hello world to the UI
> features?

There are two places to look.

1) The Notebook documentation:
http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/stable/interactive/htmlnotebook.html
2) The example notebooks in the docs/examples directory.

> 2) I want to do some image processing with it. Is there an example (or is it
> possible)
> to interact with image data? e.g. run some ipython code, return/display the
> image
> result?

Yes you can display images in the notebook using the
IPython.core.display.Image class and its usage and shown in the
example notebooks.

Cheers,

Brian

> thanks!