[IPython-User] ipython notebook help

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Jul 18 16:12:09 CDT 2012

Hi Darren,

On 18 July 2012 22:01, Darren Govoni <darren@ontrenet.com> wrote:
> 1) Is there a thorough tutorial on notebook? From hello world to the UI
> features?

There's a folder of example notebooks, including an introduction one.
They may have come with your installation, depending on where you got
it from, or you can get them here:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/tree/master/docs/examples/notebooks

> 2) I want to do some image processing with it. Is there an example (or is it possible) > to interact with image data? e.g. run some ipython code, return/display the image result?

It's certainly possible, although I don't know if there's an example
yet. For simple cases, matplotlib has imread() and imshow() functions.
Working with PIL might need a little integration, but hopefully just a
few extra lines.

Best wishes,
Thomas