[IPython-User] Expanding glob* parameters for %run

Adam Davis addavis@fosterandpartners....
Thu Jul 19 03:25:46 CDT 2012

Hi Thomas,

If I might further complicate matters: on Windows, cmd and powershell do
not glob. The .exe files installed by setup-tools/distribute in the
Scripts directory (equivalent to 'bin' on *NIX) of the python
installation _do_ glob through some magic of the setup-tools routines,
in my experience.

I would prefer to see IPython behave consistently across platforms, and
to have globbing enabled by default. I just wanted to raise the point
that if the goal is to remain as consistent as possible with existing
user expectations and code, some Windows users may be impacted. Thus, I
would respond to your second question that yes, there may be a need to
disable globbing (though I don't have a specific use case to hand).

Regards,

Adam