[IPython-User] Expanding glob* parameters for %run

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Jul 19 23:24:21 CDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it can work like
> POSIX-y shells.

+1 to this, and to the idea of enabling it by default.  %run is very
old and I did my best originally to make it match shell behavior as
faithfully as possible, modulo the (mostly but not always beneficial)
side effect that import times aren't paid on each execution.  So as
much as possilbe, if argv.py is:

import sys
print sys.argv

then

python argv.py [ ANYTHING ]

should behave *identically* to

%run argv.py [ ANYTHING ]

Some cases for the above could be tested as we improve this, which I'm
sure we have zilch tests for (since this is code from back when
'testing' was an alien word).