[IPython-User] Installing dependencies

Felix felix@www.neuro.uni-bremen...
Thu Jul 19 07:30:33 CDT 2012

Hi,

can anyone give me tips on installing the main ipython dependencies?

easy_install ipython[zmq,qtconsole,notebook,test]

fails:

pkg_resources.UnknownExtra: ipython 0.13 has no such extra feature
'qtconsole')

Installing ipython from source doesn't include the dependencies. On my
Mac, I just installed everything via macports which takes very very long,
but the packages are reasonably up to date. However, my workgroups desktop
computers and cluster nodes run scientific linux 6 - therefore everything
is years out of date. Is there any other way to get the ipython
dependencies in my user directory other than installing every single one
manually from source? I already installed python2.7.3 from source. I also
installed the latest numpy, scipy and matplotlib versions as well as
ipython 0.13 without the optional dependencies using distutils. These
packages work fine except for ipython complaining about missing SQlite.

best,
Felix