[IPython-User] ipython notebook & fortran extension output

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Jul 22 22:24:32 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Ivan Oseledets
<ivan.oseledets@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried the latest stable Ipython notebook (0.13) on Mac Os X 10.6
> and it looks great. However, the output of my f2py extension is not catched by
> the notebook and is printed to the console. What is the right way to
> grab this output to the notebook?

We can only capture what goes to sys.stdout, and raw C/fortran
printing bypasses this completely.  If you google in the archives of
the ipython mailing lists, years ago there were some threads with
Robert Kern and Hans Meine where some approaches for capturing
extension code output were proposed.  You could try one of those
ideas, and if you find a robust solution by all means contribute it
back (either as a recipe for doing it manually or as an improvement to
IPython itself if it can be automated).