[IPython-User] batch convert notebooks to html files

Mon Jul 23 03:25:41 CDT 2012

Le 23 juil. 2012 à 10:10, Martin Jones a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have just finished using iPython to teach a couple of Python
> courses, and I would like to convert all my notebooks (I have 20 of
> them) to html (Print view) in order to put them up on a web server. Is
> there any way of doing this in a semi-automated fashion, i.e. could I
> write a bash/python script to do the conversion from the command line?
> I know that I could just open each notebook in a web browser, get the
> print view, then save it, but I am trying to come up with a way that I
> can rebuild all the web pages if I make a change to a notebook.

You could take a look at nbconvert :
https://github.com/ipython/nbconvert

We will be happy to get any feedback and pull request.
Once ready it should be merged with the main IPython repository.

It also allows you to export as pdf, latex, markdown…

We'll also be happy to get any feedback on how your teaching was, and if you have any suggestion.
--
Matthias