[IPython-User] batch convert notebooks to html files

Damián Avila damianavila@gmail....
Mon Jul 23 07:52:13 CDT 2012

El 23/07/12 05:25, Matthias BUSSONNIER escribió:
> Le 23 juil. 2012 à 10:10, Martin Jones a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just finished using iPython to teach a couple of Python
>> courses, and I would like to convert all my notebooks (I have 20 of
>> them) to html (Print view) in order to put them up on a web server. Is
>> there any way of doing this in a semi-automated fashion, i.e. could I
>> write a bash/python script to do the conversion from the command line?
>> I know that I could just open each notebook in a web browser, get the
>> print view, then save it, but I am trying to come up with a way that I
>> can rebuild all the web pages if I make a change to a notebook.
> You could take a look at nbconvert :
> https://github.com/ipython/nbconvert
>
> We will be happy to get any feedback and pull request.
> Once ready it should be merged with the main IPython repository.
>
> It also allows you to export as pdf, latex, markdown…
>
> We'll also be happy to get any feedback on how your teaching was, and if you have any suggestion.

You also can use vIPer to do the html conversion:
http://www.viperapp.oquanta.info <http://www.viperapp.oquanta.info/>
vIPer is currently in alpha but it is functional... You can see an
example here: http://www.staticviper.oquanta.info
<http://www.staticviper.oquanta.info/>

Regards.

Damián.