[IPython-User] Installing ipython dependencies

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Mon Jul 23 13:15:05 CDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Felix Patzelt <felix@neuro.uni-bremen.de>wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> we are catching up with the dependencies. However, I still can't install
> the qtconsole. easy_install ipython[qtconsole] just gives  the error
>
> pkg_resources.UnknownExtra: ipython 0.13 has no such extra feature
> 'qtconsole'
>
> and this really seems to be a problem with the distribute repository.
> easy_install ipython[zmq,notebook,test] works fine.

It is a bug in the docs that [qtconsole] is mentioned, because it does not
exist.  The dependencies of the qtconsole (Qt/PyQT) are not
easy_installable, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for it to be there.