[IPython-User] notebooks and clusters

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Mon Jul 23 15:52:14 CDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Darren Govoni <darren@ontrenet.com> wrote:
> Ok, thanks.
>
> What I want to do is run remote engines manually and have them connect to
> the notebooks controller.
>
> I assume the notebook as a config file it creates that I can use on remote
> servers for engines to connect?

There is no notebook-specific config to the clusters.  Clicking the
`start` button for profile 'foo' should be identical to doing
`ipcluster start --profile foo`.  All of the parallel
connection/configuration docs still apply.  That means that the
controller creates `ipcontroller-{client|engine}.json` files in
profile/security, and you can start engines with `ipengine
--profile=foo` or `ipcluster engines --profile=foo` to connect to it.
If your machines are not on a shared filesystem, you will need to pass
the connection files around as described in the docs.