[IPython-User] Reconnect to an ipython notebook

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Tue Jul 24 17:03:39 CDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Ricardo Amézquita
<ramezquitao@gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all, as many have done before, I  would like to thanks the ipython
> development team for this wonderful tool.
>
> Now my question:
>
> I have been developing some tools to simulate optical systems using python.
> Because some of my calculations are very heavy and some of them use the GPU,
> I have set up a server running an ipython notebook server in an Amazon EC2
> instance. I'm having some problems, because sometimes I need to close the
> browse, when a simulation is running. Is it possible to leave a really long
> simulation running (days), close the browser window, and reconnect again to
> see the results in the browser?

Not really, no  Results are all rendered and tracked in the browser,
so if there is no browser to get the results, they are simply
discarded.  We have to think about this better, because I have
encountered exactly this issue, and have been forced to write
intermediate output to the filesystem.

-MinRK