[IPython-User] Installing ipython dependencies

John Burkhart jfburkhart.reg@gmail....
Fri Jul 20 15:49:04 CDT 2012

Felix,

Just two cents, listening in...

Over the years, I as the lone 'python' user in a group, had a lot of
trouble getting everything installed and built as I wanted / needed
(e.g. keeping up with the latest and greatest numpy, matplotlib,
ipython, basemap, etc. -- which then has dependencies for HDF, netcdf,
atlas, etc...). There's no question, Python is a bit of a pain in this
respect -- but who can complain that so many people are making so many
improvements!

I eventually started to build all my custom libraries on a mounted
directory that all the machines I use could access. Then I just pointed
my LD_... and PYTHON path(s) to that mounted directory. This has been a
good working solution...

--john