[IPython-User] Emacs IPython Noteboo: Inline images

Markus Baden markus.baden@gmail....
Thu Jul 26 20:45:48 CDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. First I tried setting
'(ein:notebook-console-args "--pylab=inline") in the EIN config in the hope
that this would work, but as far as I can see, that changed nothing.

Running %pylab inline in a cell after connecting to a notebook did seem to
turn on the pylab loop, but not inline display. When plotting after that, a
window appeared showing the plot and it no longer blocked the execution of
the cell (however I could not close it without killing the notebook
server...).

What did work however was starting the notebook server via ipython notebook
--pylab=inline. So now inline display works very well. Thanks for the help
(and the tools both IPython and EIN)

Markus