[IPython-User] IPython Qt Console frozen

Sat Jul 28 14:47:29 CDT 2012

Le 28 juil. 2012 à 21:40, Diego a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I've been using IPython 0.12 and the Qt Console with no problems
> whatsoever for a while.
>
> Everything was fine until today, when I opened the IPython Qt Console
> and -although it opened up- it was frozen. No cursor and no user
> interaction, except for the menus, which are fully responsive. I also
> get a dialog saying that the kernel heartbeat has been inactive for 3
> seconds and asking whether I want to restart the kernel. It does not
> matter what I choose on that dialog, the console remains the same.
>
> Regular IPython is working as usual.
>
> My platform is Linux Mint Debian Edition 64 bits and I'm attaching a
> screenshot of the frozen Qt Console.
>
> Any hints?

Hi,

Do you have any outputs on the terminal you used to launch the qtconsole ?
If I remember correctly there was a bug in heartbeat for 0.12 (but I think it was only in parallel) which should be fixed in 0.12.1
Can you upgrade ?
--
Matthias