[IPython-User] IPython Qt Console frozen

Diego diego.no.spam@gmail....
Sat Jul 28 15:06:36 CDT 2012

Matthias,

Thanks for your prompt response.

This is the output:

$ ipython qtconsole
/home
/home
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/IPython/__init__.py", line
43, in <module>
    from .config.loader import Config
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/IPython/config/loader.py",
line 27, in <module>
    from IPython.utils.path import filefind, get_ipython_dir
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/IPython/utils/path.py", line
24, in <module>
    from IPython.utils.process import system
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/IPython/utils/process.py",
line 27, in <module>
    from ._process_posix import _find_cmd, system, getoutput, arg_split
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/IPython/utils/_process_posix.py",
line 27, in <module>
    from IPython.utils import text
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/IPython/utils/text.py", line
27, in <module>
    from IPython.external.path import path
ImportError: cannot import name path

I would like to skip uprading if possible, to keep aligned with my
linux distribution repositories.