[IPython-User] OSX Mountain Lion emergence and its effect on IPython?

Sat Jul 28 15:19:52 CDT 2012

Le 28 juil. 2012 à 21:57, Comer Duncan a écrit :

> I am wondering whether there will be any effect at all on one's builds of IPython now that X11 seems to have been removed.  Can the developers give me their take on any implications of the release of Mountain Lion on IPython on the Mac?

Of the top of my head, I don't see any reason why removing X11 would be a problem for building IPython, except in some  code of nbconvert that uses inkscape (that requires X11) to convert svg to png at run time.

Personally I think won't update my main computers before I'm almost obliged, but i might upgrade one computer for testing purpose.

Also I think that XQuartz is still available for Mountain lion, and well... it has always replaced  and surpassed X11 on all of my computers...

> Thanks for the excellent quality software you guys have developed and are developing.  I truly great contribution to getting something done day by day!

Happy to be followed days after days

Cheers.
--
Matthias