[IPython-User] IPython Qt Console frozen

Diego diego.no.spam@gmail....
Sat Jul 28 17:00:22 CDT 2012

On 07/28/2012 06:42 PM, Diego wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER
> <bussonniermatthias@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>

>> If you do not want to upgrade, but try 0.12.1
>> You can run it from the source without installing.
>>
>> download the version you want from here : https://github.com/ipython/ipython/tags
>> un[tar|zip] it.
>> Then from the root of the source tree you can try to run :
>> python ipython.py qtconsole [your other options if any]
>>
>> --
>> Matthias

It runs ok from source.

Thinking about how it stopped working, and after your suggestions, I
think there's something that has to be said.

When I try to run my existing IPython Qt Console, the first two output
lines are:

/home
/home

A couple of hours ago I was testing a little script from inside Sublime
Text editor. I saved that script in my home dir with the name path.py
(notice something yet?) and the output of that script was exactly:

/home
/home

I'm very new to python and of course IPython, but... I don't think this
is merely a coincidence.

Maybe that script got saved somewhere else (or maybe a .pyc) and it's
interfering with the real path.py that IPython is trying to import?