[IPython-User] IPython Qt Console frozen

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sat Jul 28 17:14:24 CDT 2012

On 28 July 2012 22:17, Matthias BUSSONNIER <bussonniermatthias@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there is a difference between 0.12.1  and 0.12-1, the second might be debian specific patch on top of 0.12.

Debian always appends a number to the upstream version, so it's 0.12-1
regardless of whether there are Debian-specific patches. Any updating
of the package without an upstream release would become 0.12-2 etc.

I think the issue is with your path.py script - the external module
looks for an installed package called path (see
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/path.py ). It must be finding your script
and importing it instead. The simple workaround is to rename your
path.py to something else.

I'm not sure that there's much we can do to resolve that -
unfortunately the package chose a very generic name that's easy to
interfere with accidentally. Maybe we can implement a check so that if
it doesn't find key things in the module, it falls back to the
included version.

Best wishes,
Thomas