[IPython-User] ipython package import mechanism exhibits different behaviour

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Mon Jul 30 08:17:27 CDT 2012

On 30 July 2012 13:33, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> A look in sys.modules suggests that we're also loading simplejson,
> paramiko, multiprocessing and unittest, none of which I think we need
> for regular use. I'll investigate.

It turned out there was a stray import meaning that every time you
start IPython, it loads the code for the parallel machinery, and
everything that requires as well. I've opened an issue - I'll work on
a fix this evening unless someone beats me to it.

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/2221

Thomas