[IPython-User] Cython magics have been merged!

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Jun 6 13:21:30 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Flavio Coelho <fccoelho@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to run my extension  tests outside  the IPython package? I am
> developing it in a gist
> (https://gist.github.com/2874403/58afe50683442725184a0aad7bfceeb95be6a14e)
> for now... I have not (yet) forked the Ipython repo...

No, as indicated in the link Thomas provided, the most natural way to
run the test suite is to install IPython and use the 'iptest' driver.
It passes all flags to nose but it *must* set up background machinery
for tests to work.

IPython is an unusually tricky beast to test, because in many ways it
shadows the Python interpreter itself.  With iptest we've made it as
easy as possible to run the test suite and control nose debug flags,
test selection, etc.