[IPython-User] Question about schedulers

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Jun 6 21:43:03 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Darren Govoni <darren@ontrenet.com> wrote:
> I run an ipcontroller separate and then open the ipengine source file in
> my Wing IDE and run/debug it. I wasn't sure if the debugger would trap
> my code, but it does.
>
> To test that, I ran an ipython shell session in another terminal.
> created Client() and load balanced view and then ran a map over one of
> my module functions and it would reach breakpoints in the debugger. I
> was quite happy since now I can debug inside the engine context and step
> through my code easily without putting traps, hooks or prints directly
> in my code.

OK, just wanted to clarify.

Note that as of yesterday, you can load the parallelmagics extension
and simply type

%px %qtconsole

and automatically one Qtconsole will open per engine, pointed to the
engine namespace.  These consoles treat the engine just like a
'regular ipython' (which they are, since we merged Min's massive
mergekernel PR), and you can thus use everything you'd normally do
interactively (including plotting) in any of your engines.

That's another useful arrow to have in your quiver.