[IPython-User] Cell magics and extensions

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Fri Jun 8 06:00:17 CDT 2012

On 8 June 2012 11:45, gyro funch <gyromagnetic@gmail.com> wrote:
> As you probably know, a number of projects have git repositories for
> this purpose. For instance, TextMate keeps a repository of bundles
> in their own git repository and on GitHub
> (https://github.com/textmate/).

Thanks, that's handy to know. I think we want something a bit more
lightweight, though - the extensions we're thinking about are single
files, often under 100 lines, so setting up a proper repository for
each is probably overkill.

We could have a shared 'extensions' repository, but every extension
writer would need access to it. I think starting with gists makes
sense, and authors can easily move to a standard repository if the
extension grows.

Best wishes,
Thomas