[IPython-User] Debug code on ipengine in IDE (Re: Question about schedulers)

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jun 8 19:53:39 CDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Jon Olav Vik <jonovik@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Incidentally, I discovered that I can execute the ipengine code directly
>> in my python IDE and set break points in my user code modules and when I
>> execute functions from remote clients/views, it will hit the break
>> points and let me debug my code visually (in the running engine). Pretty
>> sweet. Though I'd share.
>
> Brilliant! This works in Eclipse PyDev on Windows too. What I did:

We really need a tips and tricks section in the wiki...

Min, do you want to kick on a thread off the conversation we had about
the wiki?  I'm happy to revisit that, I'm just not sure we have the
bandwidth for one more conversation quite now ;)