[IPython-User] Debug code on ipengine in IDE (Re: Question about schedulers)

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Fri Jun 8 20:37:23 CDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Jon Olav Vik <jonovik@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Incidentally, I discovered that I can execute the ipengine code directly
> >> in my python IDE and set break points in my user code modules and when I
> >> execute functions from remote clients/views, it will hit the break
> >> points and let me debug my code visually (in the running engine). Pretty
> >> sweet. Though I'd share.
> >
> > Brilliant! This works in Eclipse PyDev on Windows too. What I did:
>
> We really need a tips and tricks section in the wiki...
>
> Min, do you want to kick on a thread off the conversation we had about
> the wiki?  I'm happy to revisit that, I'm just not sure we have the
> bandwidth for one more conversation quite now ;)

I think we can discuss that at another time, when we aren't gearing up for
SciPy tutorials and trying to draw the lines around a 0.13 release.

But the gist: Every day I find my dislike of mediawiki and rst growing, and
I think for high visibility / low barrier for edits, a GitHub wiki might be
an improvement, at least for FAQ / tips&tricks / links type stuff.

-MinRK