[IPython-User] Possible to use web-socket-js wrapper?

debjan otrov@hush...
Sat Jun 9 18:01:50 CDT 2012

Thanks for your suggestions, webkit maybe has COM interface maybe
not, but anyhow it's not suitable for my example unfortunately

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 00:13:59 +0200 Min RK wrote:
>The notebook uses other HTML5/CSS beyond websockets, and we have
>no interest in supporting IE (at least not IE < 10).
>
>I don't think it would be too hard to use one of the websocket
>wrappers, though (e.g socket.io) for just that part.

Min,

IE8 does support HTML5 partially like all other browsers, maybe
less then rest thou. IE10 preview, limits usability to Windows 7.
What HTML5/CSS3 feature does Notebook require, that IE8 could not
support?

Screenshot of IE8 browser in action: http://i.imgur.com/gGyV5.png

Thanks for sockets.io suggestion. Can you give me some pointers
what needs to be tweaked in Notebook source? On which files should
I concentrate? I've never done any serious js before

If my questions are too ambitious, I'll understand lack of reply :)