[IPython-User] Unknown Host sql.jlg.berkeley.edu?

Mike Schachter mike.schachter@gmail....
Sat Jun 9 21:59:12 CDT 2012

Hi there,

When I try to run IPython notebook with the command
"ipython notebook [--profile=nbserver]" or run the unit
tests, I get the following error:

sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (OperationalError) (2005, "Unknown
MySQL server host 'sql.jlg.berkeley.edu' (2)") None None

Where is this coming from? I grepped all over the place for
it and could not find a reference to it. Have I foolishly missed
some sort of preliminary database installation step?

Thanks!

  mike