[IPython-User] Possible to use web-socket-js wrapper?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sun Jun 10 08:32:00 CDT 2012

On 10 June 2012 11:53, debjan <otrov@hush.ai> wrote:
> not necessarily
> demanding on installing additional software on nodes, which is by
> the way, impossible.

Ugh. Yep, if you're stuck without the ability to install any extra
software on the machines, and they've only got IE, I don't think
there's much you can do. Wrapping websockets *might* be enough for
IE9, but that still wouldn't get it working on XP. I rather doubt it
will be enough for IE 8.

The only thing I can think of is to use something like Firefox
portable, which will run without being installed. But if it's anything
like the school I went to, the sysadmin would take a dim view of that.

Good luck,
Thomas