[IPython-User] Debug code on ipengine in IDE (Re: Question about schedulers)

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Jun 11 16:02:44 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer@gmail.com> wrote:
> We moved our SymPy wiki from MediaWiki/Google Code to GitHub a while ago,
> and I would recommend it. Markdown is the best markup language IMHO (and it
> also supports rst for more complex documents). Also, the ability to edit the
> files with your text editor and manage them with git is a huge plus.

[...]

Aaron, many thanks for your detailed feedback, it sounds like a vote
for moving to GH, despite the reservations we had that led to deciding
on mediawiki (I'm always happy to revisit these decisions as we see
how well they work in real life).

And in our case, I suspect the pain would be pretty minimal for two reasons:

- our wiki is pretty small to begin with
- we already use rst in many pages (all?)

The two above mean that it should be very, very straightforward to run
pandoc manually over the pages we have, by simply copying the rst
source from an edit box, without having to worry about writing code to
pull data out of mediawiki.

Right now our resources are 100% focused on the 0.13 release and then
Min and I have to worry about talks/tutorials for Scipy 2012, but this
is good to know.

If we really want to go that route, it could even be a sprint topic
for one or two new volunteers to help with at Scipy, that would not
require them to dig straight into the main code.

As always, your detailed feedback from your sympy experiece is both
very useful and greatly appreciated.

Best,