[IPython-User] Installation problems with IPython 0.12.1 on Windows XP SP3 and Python 2.7.3

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Jun 13 14:44:05 CDT 2012

On 13 June 2012 20:35, eat <e.antero.tammi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Both installation exe's don't produce any error, nor they produce any
> IPython folder into the Startup-menu (and associated links to various
> profiles and docs therein).

It sounds like you didn't have distribute installed. If you install
that, and try installing IPython again, you should get shortcuts.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute#installation-instructions

We don't know of a way to avoid that requirement on Windows - any help
on that front would be great.

> If, as it seems now, it's going to be so simple to finish the installation, could someone provide the proper cmd-line arguments for the various > profiles (like pylab, scipy, ...) cause the syntax seems to be changed since 0.10.2.

Pylab:
ipython --pylab

For any profile (I don't think we have a scipy profile):
ipython --profile foo

Best wishes,
Thomas